Jun 16, 2009

stephanie doris anne arnold

Tuesday, August 7th, 2007

11:21pm


Dear Stephanie,

I want to take the time to write you a little paragraph about how I am currently feeling. I feel that you are one of the few people in my life right now that I can trust with my life. It may be the fact that our (growing) friendship, since preschool, has progressed into the present, just goes to show how much I care about you. You’re one of my friends who I feel no pressure to impress, and allows me to be myself, who accepts, forgives and moves forwards. Always forwards. I’m so glad we’re as close as we are and I take comfort in knowing I’ll always have you as my best friend; through thick and thin. Ups and downs. I want you to know that I am and will always be here for you. If you want to talk about anything, you know I’ll attentively listen. Always. If you want to have time to yourself or with others, I’ll respect that. I respect you as a person. As a student. As a piano player. An informer, a comforter, a supporter, a mature young adult and as a friend. One of my closest friends I have and will always have. If you’re looking for a laugh or a shoulder to open up and cry on, look no further. I’m here. I always will be, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Thank you for making my childhood a true childhood, especially when things got shaky. Friends have fights, disagreements, but with us, we forgive and forget and move on in a positive manner. I’m going to miss you after high school years together and I truly do wish you all the best in absolutely everything you do. I hope you strive for the success that you deserve every day of your life. We’ve grown so much together, and we’re so alike, and others notice. Thank you for everything. You’re one of a kind girl. I could write a book about how much you mean to me.

Love always,

Andrew Burrows





*        *        *





Her work inspires.






For Andrew

Love Stephanie!

June '09




*        *        *





Sunday, May 11th, 2008

12:35am


Meagan Lowe

Stephanie Arnold

Monica Graves

David Pynkoski

Casey Goodale

Chris from William’s


Excellent conversation and very compassionate and dedicated questions.


> Something that you wish you’d done?

> Someone you’d want to be for a day?





*        *        *








Tuesday, June 16th, 2009

Dearest Stephanie. Please know that this will be one of the hardest things I will ever write in my life. I refuse to crunch our accumulated experiences with one another onto this page because I would feel it would be completely inappropriate. We both know we’ll forever remember our childhood together, and how much we have grown together, and also as unique individuals. Please know, also, that after I sign my name, this is not the end. It’s only the beginning. From my signature, we will move around this beautiful world and will soak up as much of it as we can in our precious years to come. Stephanie Doris Anne Arnold. You are one of the most influential people I know. I’m proud to call you my best friend. You are such a treat to be around and our personalities love one another. Every single moment I have spent with you is delicate and important and a thrill, and a pleasure. Everything about you makes me tingle and when I am searching through old photos of us, I will cry tears, and rivers, oceans of joy and wonderment, as to where you will be at that time. Which country? Which culture? Which language? Who, my dear, will you become? It is now, the graduation from school, is where you belong; in the total accompanying of freedom and open ended, widening possibilities and choices. Makes the ones that are aligned with you and your will and your nature, always. There’s nothing worse than making no choice at all. Never second guess; please continue to go with your gut. This is your strength, alongside your opinionated, wise mind. Never, ever hold back. Your ability to analyze far beyond surfaces around you is what will get you through life with a smile and with confidence. Know that you’re an intelligent, impressive and interesting young woman. You will forever be in flux, and all for the good. You will forever continue to take the negative aspects in life and will be able to take them and learn from them and use them to create happiness, for you. Your new outlook on life at first - I must admit - was a little intimidating and overwhelming. Existentialism: a blank slate. A tabula rasa. It made me very upset because I felt lost and out of it. Why couldn’t I experience an existential crisis of my own? It’s uncontrollable, I know, so maybe one day I will experience this terrifying, yet so enlightening couple of moments in the future. I have so much more to say, and yet I seem to not be able to put my feelings into words. This all, here, is something so miniscule to refer to and to remind you that you’re one of the most important people in my life, and forever will be. Your wit and your charm and sense of humor are all so one of a kind. I will never find anyone like you ever again. Even if I think I did, I haven’t. You’re incomparable, and that’s just the way I like you: you. Raw, solo, beautiful. You. Yearbooks are not a big deal, at all, so with this, know that I love you and will care for you forever. I’ll always be reminded of your persona every time I visit Whyville or go skating or see saliva or a piano or Feist or clotheslines or crepes or old folks homes or screen doors or acrylics or your Cuba carving you gave me or greyhounds or Japanese attire or French flags or Sufjan Stevens!!! Canvases, climbing trees, Barney shirts, handmedowns, GIMP, peanut butter cookies, your small purses, barbies (hot tubs), Into the Woods, your old house, Titanic, Jaclyn and Kelsey, Zelda, Roller Coaster Tycoon, The Sims, Sim City 3000, Alanis Morisette, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, sour gumballs, XOXO wine, togas and beers and coolers (with puke in them), chuckles with hands overtop, Yomna (Madison!!!), anime, xanga(?), Mac computers, bike rides, rollerblading, lakes, Casey’s car all summer, studying for Art at Starbucks and William’s and that rainbow we saw, eating chips and goldfish underwater, Rachel, Bailey, Roger, Janet, Wayne, Sean, Aqua (the CD!), Mr. Wood, English essays, your short hair, your brown hair, your freckles, our media commercial, the Savanna magazine cover, your green jacket, your pink bike and my yellow one, Valens, the Murphys and Caulders, new years, APRIL 9th ALWAYS, Christmas, Julia, Monica, Shannon, Merwart, Philthy McNasty’s, Goldschlager, walks, your stance, and walk and talk and voice. Stephanie... Death Cab and Stars on June 7th will remain in my heart. I’m finding this incredibly hard to end now that I’ve begun. I am inviting you in advance to Queen’s when you return home from France. That is to say if you’re home long enough! I won’t be offended at all if you don’t come because you’re out exploring the depths of our world in all its immaculate, raw beauty. I’ll be keeping in touch. Exchange addresses before we depart. I love ya, Steph. Keep yourself busy and loving and appreciating, always. You’re my best friend, my sister, my family. Don’t be a stranger. Take care, and all the best in your neat future endeavors to come. I can smell success and happiness reeking from you already. You’ll do excellent things and will save more lives than just mine. Seek the unknown, Steph. Love, Andrew Burrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment