Jan 3, 2010

preparation

I'm sitting at the tall, brown table in my kitchen with the redness of Christmas to my right, the illuminating blues from the snowfall to my left, and a Zen half full, but physically almost done. The only sounds I hear are my fingers on this familiar plastic material of the keys of this computer, my parents being vocal about their sporting events on the TV, and my brother presumably playing with some sort of assortment of plastic and/or metal figurines, making them crash into one another, butting heads. Either that, or my dog(s) is chewing on something uncomfortable or on a dried body part of an animal that was bought for a couple dollars at a store for pets. What good pets. They play together in the snow now. I know that they are happy when their mouths are open and their tails are going.

My family is pleasantly surprised with the snowfall. They say it's the first significant one they've had in Burlington all season. This makes me miss Kingston. This makes me miss the last day in Kingston, leaving before anyone else on my floor, packing up, writing George a good bye note, talking to the taxi man, waving to my friends from the 6th floor from the ground.

I'm getting a head start on what I need to do for the upcoming term. The final term of year one. I don't know if I should say, I can't believe it's over already. Yes, the days did bleed into one another for a while. But looking back and reflecting, yes, I did enjoy it. And I enjoyed it a lot. I loved the independence. At home now, with the rules sort of put back into place for a little, like putting the wrong puzzle pieces into place, I can now say definitely that I crave and need independence. I love to be alone. Alone but not lonely.

I plan to make schedules for myself for the weeks in order to complete everything that must be completed so I can succeed next term. I plan to continue with my yoga at least two times a week for the next four months. I plan to go to the gym at least four times a week. At the majority of my gym trips, I will run for a half hour, then I will move to abs, then legs, then arms. I plan to write often. I plan to read most nights for pleasure. I need this. I feel it. I also plan to write more friends. I am going to have two pen pals.

I am on a quest to find the good in all things. I am going to enjoy my time reading. I am going to do the things I need in order to find peace and get in that frame of mind that I cherish whenever it floats along. I plan to achieve this state of mind, daily. I plan to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment