Oct 14, 2009

good news or bad news first?

Hi Andrew,

I apologize for not getting back to your right away. We did receive your writing samples and they look great! Currently, my co-editor Monica and I, are in the process of arranging our production schedule for the latter half of the term. We'll get back to you within the next week with some article topics and a more definite timeline. In the meantime, feel free to let us know you have any article ideas of your own.

Cheers!
Emily

Emily Davies
Features Editor
Queen's Journal
190 University Ave.
Kingston ON K7L 3P4
Tel: (613) 533-2800
www.queensjournal.ca
________________________________________
From: Andrew Burrows [burrows.a@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 8:45 AM
To: Journal Features
Subject: Hello again,

I'm not sure if you got my last email where I sent you 2 pieces that I've written as samples for the journal, so I'll send them again. I was wondering when I'd be hearing back from the journal to either write with you guys or not?

Thanks a ton
Andrew Burrows




Oh, I got a 62 on my English essay.
Can you really call it bad news though? It's essay number 1. It's first year. Did you genuinely expect a 75?
I suddenly became lighter. My eyes were opened two millimeters wider.
It's learning. It's an experience. It's growth. It's trial and error. It's not fill in the blanks.
You can do it. It is possible, you know. Look around.

No comments:

Post a Comment